Yeah! I’m a first-time guest participant in the Fall 2017 One Room Challenge (also called, ORC)! If you haven’t heard of the ORC before, it happens twice a year, when design bloggers makeover a room. Within 6 weeks. And tell all about what they’re doing each week, for 6 weeks. CRAZY FAST FUN! To see what others are doing, see the 20 featured designers and 200+ guest participants.
Below are links to my posts about what I’m doing: Making over a basement room. This basement room has been an insane mess. Now, I’m turning it into a light, airy, inspiring creative studio for arts n’ crafts and DIYs!
I hope to go from this:
To something like this:
Think I can do it? Find out in the links below …
- Week 1 Post: From Insane Mess to Inspiring Creative Studio — Why I’m doing this, a moodboard, design restrictions in our basement
- Week 2 Post: I Can See Clearly Now — Insane mess is gone, see ideas in the actual room, to do list
- Week 3 Post: Rained On, But Not Rained Out — Basement flooded, water, chaos, more water, change of plans
- Week 4 Post: Moving Upstairs to the Guest Room — Basement plans abandoned; see creative studio plans for the guest room instead
- Week 5 Post: How to Paint an “Old Wall” Look — Painting, painting and more painting; tips on how to make a wall look old
- Week 6 Post: I am so sorry I missed posting this week; basement keeps flooding, hoses pumping water froze in cold temps; meanwhile I worked in the guest room
- Week 7 Post: Inspiring Creative Studio Reveal! — I did it! See all the pictures and details
Do you want to get DIY tutorial posts that show how I made things for the creative studio? Join my email list!